Exceptional Ruby Ebook
The definitive guide to exceptions and failure handling in Ruby.
Avdi Grimm shines the spotlight on error and exception handling and brings your exception handling techniques up to speed. - Peter Cooper
I endorse and approve of this electronic internet eBook. - Aaron Patterson
Totally worth it. - Steve Klabnik
- A detailed look at the lifecycle of a Ruby exception.
- Overriding Kernel#raise for fun and profit.
- Alternatives to exceptions, for when "fail fast" isn't the right answer.
- Advanced exception matching in rescue clauses.
- Avoiding failure cascades with the Barricade and Circuit Breaker patterns.
- 5 questions to ask before raising an exception.
- Exception safety testing for critical methods.
- The three exception classes every app or library needs.
- And much, much more... over 100 pages of in-depth information on Ruby exception handling.
PDF, EPUB, Kindle, and HTML formats included